Sponsor a fish of your own
in the virtual rapids!
Play your part in reviving fish populations. Whether you are a nature lover, an avid recreational fisherman or a patron of Finnish fish at your dining table, we offer you an exciting opportunity to participate in and to do a concrete eco-statement as a friend of nature and fish.
You can take individual or corporate sponsorship of named trout that will be planted to the rapids of the Savukoski Fishermen. You can follow the progress of your fish through virtual rapids. Sponsoring a fish provides you and your company with visibility at savukosket.fi website. The pilot rapids are Savukoski, Miekkakoski and Pahtakoski.
In March 2014, we opened our online store at this website. From this store you can sponsor direct fish and update their information.
Price €33 each, including VAT 24%.
An individual can sponsor a single fish or several fish.
A company can sponsor a shoal of fish, five fish per shoal. Minimum sponsorship is two shoals/10 fish.
- Planting weight of a sponsored trout is approximately 1kg.
- Measured, weighed and marked with the Carlin label of the Finnish Game and Fisheries Research Institute (FGFRI).
- Free from fish diseases and crayfish plague, excellent chances of succeeding and reproducing.
- Fish information will be registered in the virtual rapids at savukosket.fi and in the FGFRI’s planting database.
- Plantings twice a year.
- You can choose the planting rapids: Savukoski, Miekkakoski and Pahtakoski.
- You can add a fish-specific image in the fish information (210 x 110 px), a title text (max 50 characters) and an advertising text (max 250 characters).
- You can also add your name or company name (max 50 characters), a logo, an advertising text (max 250 characters) and website address in the virtual rapids. These will be shown for each of your sponsored fish.
- Information about your sponsored salmon and your/your company advertisement are shown in the target virtual rapids when a visitor to the page is “fishing”.
Project Manager Kari Kivelä
Telephone +358 400 580 109